In order to continue to serve you better, we have moved to Flat-Rate Direct Shipping in our former Philadelphia/S. Jersey pick-up areas. This means you can enjoy the convenience of ordering on your own schedule, pre-paid return labels for returning your shipper, and flat-rate shipping fees (which are not available anywhere else). For details, please read below or be in touch.
We look forward to feeding you soon!
Flat-Rate Direct Shipping Program
How does it work?
- Flat-Rate Shipping: $18 per small box / $25 per large box with $150 minimum order
- Your Address, Your Schedule: Orders arrive right to your door on the day you choose
- Pre-paid Shipper Returns: Orders include a pre-paid return label so you can simply drop the shippers off at FedEx for us to reuse
Wait, why aren't you offering the pick-ups at synagogues/homes any more?
- Running our own vans was no longer economical: It became too expensive to continue to make our own deliveries in the Philadelphia area. Our switch to shipping bulk orders via FedEx was bulky and expensive, and created additional support work for host institutions. Our Philadelphia delivery rates hadn't increased in 8 years and had become unsustainable.
- Delays are inconvenient: Delays can cause major inconveniences for hosts and customers, including wasted or repeated trips or other scheduling challenges, especially right before holidays. Keeping everyone informed in the event of delays is challenging, and can cause additional frustrations.
- Mistakes and staff time: It is technically difficult to organize orders for group shipments, which means extended staff time and more errors
- You shouldn't have to wait! Waiting to order for pick-up every two weeks makes it harder to enjoy Grow & Behold meats year-round, on your schedule.
But I've been a loyal customer for years -- do I now have to pay regular shipping?
Nope! These rates are only available to customers in our Philadelphia/S. Jersey and Buying Club areas located in our 1- or 2-day Shipping Zones, for orders over $150 shipped in the Ground network. Smaller orders and Priority Overnight orders will be rated at our standard FedEx rates (which are still, by the way, heavily discounted from retail FedEx shipping rates).
Why do I have to pay per box?
Our shipping costs (the dry ice, the container itself, and the shipping) -- are all per box, which is why our new flat-rate shipping program is based on the number of boxes you ship, not the total weight of your order. Our website will let you know how full your box (or boxes) are, so you can make the most of your shipping charges.
I still have questions.
We are here to help. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 888-790-5781. We will be happy help you make the most of your flat-rate shipping, and answer any questions you may have. Please be in touch!