Shop Easier During High Demand
Here is the information you need to help you have the best shopping experience during this time of high demand. Please check back frequently--information is updated daily.
Jump to: Restocking | Shopping Tips | Out of Stock Alerts | Shipping | NY/NJ Area Delivery | Buying Clubs | Health & Safety
Dry Aged Beef and other beef cuts will be restocked later today. Quantity limits have been raised or removed for many items, though they do remain in place for some very popular items (we know... but it's a great push for you to try some new things).
Here's an overview of what to expect over the next few weeks. All estimates are subject to change:
- Beef is available. Dry Aged Beef and other cuts will be restocked later today. View available Beef
- Chicken is available. View available Chicken
- Duck is available in limited cuts/quantities. Sold-out cuts will be restocked late June. View available Duck
- Lamb is available. View available Lamb
- Rose Veal will hopefully be restocked on June 10 or 11. View available Rose Veal
- Cheese is well stocked. View available Cheese
- Turkey will be available (selected cuts) in early/mid-June. Ground Turkey will be restocked the week of June 8.
- Sausages and hotdogs will hopefully be restocked mid-June, with beef bacon and deli meats available shortly thereafter.
We know that limited inventory on the site can be frustrating. Rest assured that our meat supply is strong and healthy, and we hope to move past this stage soon. That said, here are our best tips and suggestions for the best shopping experience right now.
- Get creative with your menu. If you can't serve one steak per person, slice them and serve a platter family style, with meatballs, chicken or duck on the side if needed. Try something new -- it's all delicious.
- Stock up on Wild Salmon Filets and Freedom Ranger Whole Chickens, which are in strong supply right now.
- Start with our Featured Cuts page, which we keep updated with the most popular items that are currently available.
- Complete checkout quickly. Items in your cart are not reserved until checkout is complete.
- Ask for help. Call us at 888-790-5781, email us at email@example.com, or chat with us on the site. We would be happy to help you place your order.
Use the "In Stock" Filter
We have added a feature to our site that allows you to filter search results or the product on any category page (for example, "Steaks" or "Chicken") to only view items that are currently available. Here's how to use the filter on desktop or mobile:
Look to the left-hand column on any product listing page (ie, the "Steaks" or "Chicken" page). Below where it says "Refine by", select "In Stock" under "Availability".
Click the white box that says "Browse by Availability, Brand and more". A dropdown menu will appear. Click on the first box under "Availability" labeled "in Stock".
Adding to your order
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to add items to your order, but we will do our best. Here's how to proceed for the best chance of having an item added to your order: Please choose a delivery date at least 2 weeks in the future and write your detailed request (product, weight, total quantity) in the order comments. If we are able to add to your order, we will re-send your confirmation before the order ships. Alternatively, sign up for in-stock alerts on the product page of the item(s) you're waiting for. When you get the email alert, call or email us to ask us to add the item to your existing order.
Please do not place two mail orders and ask us to combine them. Mail orders placed separately will incur separate shipping charges.
Out of Stock Alerts
When you're looking at a product that is sold out, you'll see a box labeled "Coming Soon". Enter your email address and we'll send you an email as soon as the product is back in stock. You must click on the product from a listing page (as if you were going to purchase it) to find the box where you can sign up for an alert.
Alerts are sent in the order in which they were requested, and the number of alerts sent is dependent on the number of products available. Receiving an email alert does not guarantee you'll be able to purchase the product. We recommend you set a flag in your email program to watch for the alert when it comes, since demand is very high and products often sell out quickly once they are restocked.
Beginning June 1, we will resume shipping via FedEx Ground for 1-day orders only. Volume delays have improved but are by no means completely resolved. Please note if you choose Ground shipping you are accepting the risk that your package may be delayed. We will pack with extra dry-ice, but we will not be responsible for damages due to delays in the Ground network. We will continue to monitor the ground network and open up 2- or 3-day shipping when the volume delays decrease enough that we can be confident about sending packages with extended transit times.
Priority Overnight shipping is available to anywhere in the USA.
Our shipping deadline is 1pm ET, Monday-Thursday. Orders received after 1pm ET will ship the following day.
All meats are shipped frozen and will arrive frozen or refrigerated. To defrost quickly, remove packages from their cardboard boxes and submerge in cold water, changing the water every 30 minutes. Learn more about freezing and defrosting.
The specific timing of delivery is out of our control. We do not recommend planning to cook an item in your order on the day that it is scheduled to arrive. Delays are rare, but can happen. Please review our policies in the event of shipping delays.
NY/NJ Area Delivery
Our regular delivery schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday to all areas. Orders are due by 5am on the day of delivery.
We have resumed our free/$20 delivery to Essex, Passaic, Rockland, Long Beach and Far Rockaway. Should it turn out that there are still serious volume delays, we will suspend this service again. We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you updated in this space of further changes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees and all our customers, we will be practicing social distancing for our local deliveries. This means drivers will not enter homes or apartments (we will still enter apartment buildings). Drivers will put packages down by the door, but not hand them directly to customers. Drivers will wear gloves during delivery. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we follow these guidelines in order to protect the health and safety of everyone. If you have additional requests regarding your delivery, please contact us ahead of time.
Until further notice, we are no longer offering the option for "after 5pm" delivery in Manhattan and Brooklyn. We are assuming most folks in these areas are working from home; if you are an essential worker and need to make special arrangements for a late delivery, please let us know and we will do whatever we can to support you. Our delivery window is 11am-8pm on the day of delivery. You can call us after 11:30am for a smaller window estimate.
The next Seattle Buying Club will be July 1, with orders due by Tuesday June 23.
We are piloting a flat-rate direct shipping program for Buying Club customers in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Colorado and Phoenix until the end of June. Learn more
Health & Safety
Our top priority is to ensure the safety of our customers and employees, and to continue to bring you the quality meats that you expect from Grow & Behold. Here's what we're doing to keep our employees and customers safe:
- Sharing NYSDOH recommendations and keeping employees updated on current information.
- All employees regularly wash hands before starting and returning to work, and frequently throughout the day.
- Employees are wearing masks to cover their nose and mouth
- Employees who are ill do not come to work. We have always provided paid sick leave at Grow & Behold.
- Supporting our staff who work from home if their children are home from school. Many of our customer service staff have children who will be home from school in the coming weeks, and we ask for your patience and understanding if there is more background noise on the phone than usual when you call us.
- Practicing social distancing in our production facilities, including physical restructuring and updated procedures, and for all of our local NY/NJ Area deliveries
We are grateful for the outpouring of support from our community, and for the opportunity to feed you at this time. We wish refuah sheleimah (complete recovery) to all those affected by the novel coronavirus.
We look forward to feeding you soon!
Naf & Anna Hanau, and the Grow & Behold team