When will my meat arrive?
We ship orders on Monday through Thursday. Orders received by 1pm will ship out the same day. Orders received after 1pm will ship on the next shipping day. At checkout, you can choose from all available delivery days for your area. Depending on the shipping option you choose, perishable shipments may be in transit anywhere from 1-3 days.
Important notes on timing your delivery:
- Residential deliveries generally arrive by 9pm. No signature is required. The carrier will leave the shipment if you are not home, unless they determine it is not safe to do so or they can’t access the building (ie, apartment building). Business deliveries are generally delivered before 5pm, but may arrive later. Business deliveries may require a signature.
- You may choose a delivery date up to 4 weeks in advance at checkout by clicking the "Want it later?" button at checkout. Note that we do not ship on Jewish and major secular holidays.
- We do not ship packages over the weekend, or for delivery on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Please keep in mind that larger items such as Whole Turkeys and Briskets can take 3-4 days to defrost in the refrigerator, so please schedule your delivery date with enough time to defrost and prepare your meats.
- We recommend you choose delivery on Tuesday-Thursday. If you choose Friday, there is a possibility that a shipping delay could result in your packaged being delayed through the weekend. Learn more
- Since delays are rare, but do happen, we recommend you schedule delivery at least a day before you need it, and NOT the day before you are planning to leave town. Learn more about what happens in the event of a delay
In what condition are meats delivered?
Our products are frozen right away to ensure they are at peak quality when defrosted. Products are shipped frozen in insulated shipping boxes with dry ice, and will arrive frozen or refrigerated (dry ice may have evaporated). As long as they are cold to the touch, meats that have thawed can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage.
How much meat fits in a box?
We pack our products for shipping in either a Small or Large insulated cooler and shipping box. Here's an example of how much meat you can fit in each one (the actual weight that can fit in a box will depend on the size and shape of the packages):
Holds up to 30lbs
~1 cubic foot
Holds up to 50lbs
~2 cubic feet
How can I get the best shipping rates?
Shipping rates are based on the number, size and weight of boxes. The fuller your box, the more efficiently you’re using your shipping. Use our box calculator (visible at the top of the screen and on the “Cart” page) to get it as full as possible. Our list of Small Items to Fill Up Your Box can help you fill every last corner.
Can I return my shipping box?
Absolutely! Thank you for helping us to reduce our carbon footprint by returning your container for re-use. We include a pre-paid return label in your shipment. Seal up the cardboard box enclosing your container, affix the label, and drop off at any FedEx location. There is no charge to you to return your container.
If you requested a cooler to be delivered with your order in the NY/NJ Area, you may contact us to request a return mailing label, or let us know that you’d like us to pick up the cooler with your next delivery.
- Delays are rare, but they happen. Rest assured that our shipments are insured, and we pack our shipments to withstand extended transit.
- If your package is delayed, please do NOT call the carrier to cancel the shipment or refuse the shipment. This will prevent us from making an insurance claim and replacing your package.
- We will work with the carrier to do everything we can to locate and expedite your package.
- In the unlikely event your shipment is not cold upon arrival, we will refund or replace your order; however, we cannot send a replacement until we know the condition of the original order. Photos may be required in order to process a replacement claim.
- If we have to replace your order, we will do so with the closest available inventory, and the fastest available delivery. We may make substitutions or give credit if the original items you ordered are unavailable.
- If you choose a Friday delivery, your order may arrive after Shabbat. If your order is delayed, we will work with the carrier to request a Saturday delivery, but it may not deliver until Monday. If possible, choose an an earlier delivery day.
Condition upon arrival
- Products are shipped frozen and will arrive frozen or refrigerated. Meats that have thawed but are still cold can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage. Learn more about freezing & defrosting meat here.
- You are responsible for the prompt unpacking of shipments. We are not responsible if your order is stolen, damaged or thawed after it is delivered.
- We are unable to request specific delivery times with the carrier.
- Please double-check your shipping address. We are not responsible for delays caused by typos, errors or omissions in the shipping address, or deliveries made by the carrier to the wrong address. Please use a phone number where you can be reached on your delivery date.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- You are responsible for providing the correct delivery address for gift orders, and confirming gift recipient can receive their order. You may need to coordinate with the recipient in the event of a delay.
Returns & Refunds
Due to the nature of the products we sell, products cannot be returned for refund once they have been delivered. Please check your order carefully upon receipt. If you feel that any item you received falls short of our Guarantee, please contact us. Please do not discard any product or packaging until you have contacted us (if we sent the wrong item, we may ask you to hold it until we can arrange for a pick-up). It’s also a great idea to take a picture of anything you want us to know about (good or bad). You can reach us at 888-790-5781 or firstname.lastname@example.org.