High Holiday Shipping Schedule
This calendar shows the days we will be shipping during the high holidays. If a date is available for delivery, it is shown in green. If it is not possible to schedule delivery on a certain date, it is shown in grey or white. Order deadline is 1pm ET.
When will my meat arrive?
We ship orders with FedEx on Monday through Thursday. Orders received by 1pm will ship out the same day. Orders received after 1pm will ship on the next shipping day. View Delivery Day Chart
At checkout, you can choose from all available delivery days for your area (view map).
- Ground Shipping is available east of Texas and takes 1-3 days.
- Priority Shipping is available anywhere in the USA and takes 1 day.
Important notes on timing your delivery:
- Please consult our holiday calendar before Passover and the High Holidays for updated delivery schedule information, since we do not ship on Jewish holidays.
- You may choose a delivery date up to 4 weeks in advance at checkout by clicking the "Want it later?" button at checkout.
- We do not ship packages over the weekend, or for delivery on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Since delays are rare, but do happen, we recommend you schedule delivery at least a day before you need it, and NOT the day before you are planning to leave town.
- We recommend you choose delivery on Tuesday-Thursday. If you choose Friday, there is a possibility that a FedEx delay could result in your packaged delayed through the weekend. Learn more
- Please keep in mind that larger items such as Whole Turkeys and Briskets can take 3-4 days to defrost in the refrigerator, so please schedule your delivery date with enough time to defrost and prepare your meats.
In what condition are meats delivered?
Our products are frozen right away to ensure they are at peak quality when defrosted. Products are shipped frozen in insulated shipping boxes with dry ice, and will arrive frozen or refrigerated (dry ice may have evaporated). As long as they are cold to the touch, meats that have thawed can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage.
How much meat fits in a box?
We pack our products for shipping in either a Small or Large insulated cooler and shipping box. Here's an example of how much meat you can fit in each one (the actual weight that can fit in a box will depend on the size and shape of the packages):
Holds up to 30lbs
~1 cubic foot
Holds up to 50lbs
~2 cubic feet
How can I get the best shipping rates?
FedEx shipping rates are based on the number and sizes of boxes. The fuller your box, the more efficiently you’re using your shipping. Use our box calculator (visible at the top of the screen and on the “Cart” page) to get it as full as possible. Our list of Small Items to Fill Up Your Box can help you fill every last corner.
Can I return my shipping box?
Absolutely! Thank you for helping us to reduce our carbon footprint by returning your container for re-use. We include a pre-paid return label in your shipment. Seal up the cardboard box enclosing your container, affix the label, and drop off at any FedEx location. There is no charge to you to return your container.
If you requested a cooler to be delivered with your order in the NY Area, you may contact us to request a return mailing label, or let us know that you’d like us to pick up the cooler with your next delivery.
Important Delivery Notes
- Products are shipped frozen and will arrive frozen or refrigerated. Meats that have thawed but are still cold can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage. Learn more about freezing & defrosting meat here.
- Please double-check your shipping address. We are not responsible for delays caused by typos, errors or omissions in the shipping address, or deliveries made by FedEx to the wrong address. Please use a phone number where you can be reached on your delivery date.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- You are responsible for providing the correct delivery address for gift orders, and confirming gift recipient can receive their order.
- FedEx residential deliveries generally arrive by 8pm. No signature is required. FedEx will leave the shipment if you are not home, unless they determine it is not safe to do so or they can’t access the building (ie, apartment building).
- FedEx business deliveries are generally delivered before 5pm and do require a signature.
- You are responsible for the prompt unpacking of shipments. We are not responsible if your order is stolen, damaged or thawed after it is delivered to you.
- If you choose a Friday for delivery, FedEx may deliver after Shabbat. Delayed FedEx Ground deliveries to a residential address will generally be delivered on Saturday. Delayed Priority Overnight deliveries and FedEx Ground deliveries to a business will generally not be delivered until the following Monday.
- We are not responsible in the event that FedEx is unable to deliver a package on the scheduled date. However, we always pack our shipments with enough dry ice to handle an extra day in transit should any delay occur.
- In the event of a FedEx delay, please do NOT cancel the shipment with FedEx and tell them to return the package to us. We pack our shipments to withstand extended travel time, and most likely your order will arrive in good shape. If the package is returned to us without being received by you, we will not be able to replace the contents. It is the responsibility of the customer to receive and inspect the package upon arrival, and contact us if you feel there is a problem.
Returns & Refunds
Due to the nature of the products we sell, products cannot be returned for refund once they have been delivered. Please check your order carefully upon receipt. If you feel that any item you received falls short of our Guarantee, please contact us. Please do not discard any product or packaging until you have contacted us (if we sent the wrong item, we may ask you to hold it until we can arrange for a pick-up). It’s also a great idea to take a picture of anything you want us to know about (good or bad). You can reach us at 888-790-5781 or firstname.lastname@example.org.