Shipping & Delivery FAQs
What are my delivery options?
Ground Shipping is available east of Texas and takes 1-3 days. Priority Shipping is available anywhere in the USA and takes 1 day. View MapWe ship orders on Monday-Thursday. Orders received by 1pm will ship out the same day; orders received after 1pm will ship on the next shipping day. View Delivery Day Chart
Important notes on timing your delivery:
- You may choose a delivery date up to 4 weeks in advance at checkout by clicking the "Want it later?" button at checkout.
- We do not ship packages over the weekend, or for delivery on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Since delays are rare, but do happen, we recommend you schedule delivery at least a day before you need it, and NOT the day before you are planning to leave town.
- We recommend you choose delivery on Tuesday-Thursday. If you choose Friday, there is a possibility that a FedEx delay could result in your packaged delayed through the weekend. Learn more
- Please keep in mind that larger items such as Whole Turkeys and Briskets can take 3-4 days to defrost in the refrigerator, so please schedule your delivery date with enough time to defrost and prepare your meats.
In Manhattan, Brooklyn, Riverdale, the Five Towns, Bergen County and parts of Queens, orders will be delivered by one of our drivers between 11am-8pm. Customers in parts of Brooklyn, the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side may request delivery after 5pm. The deadline to order is 5am on the day of delivery. The delivery schedule is as follows:
- Manhattan & Brooklyn: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Riverdale, Westchester, Five Towns & Bergen County: Tuesday & Thursday
- Queens: Wednesday
In Rockland, Essex & Passaic Counties, the North Shore of Long Island and Long Beach/Far Rockaway, orders will be delivered in an insulated cooler with dry ice via FedEx. The deadline to order is 1pm for next-day delivery on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
We offer group shipments 7-10 times per year to communities in our Priority Overnight shipping area, including: Arizona (Phoenix/Scottsdale); California (Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oakland, Palo Alto, San Francisco); Colorado (Boulder and Denver); and Washington (Seattle). For information on starting a Buying Club, click here.
In what condition are meats delivered?
Our products are frozen right away to ensure they are at peak quality when defrosted. Products are delivered/shipped frozen with dry ice, and will arrive frozen or refrigerated (dry ice may have evaporated). As long as they are cold to the touch, meats that have thawed can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage.
Orders delivered by our drivers in the NY Area, and Buying Club orders, will be packed in cardboard boxes or bags. They’ll be frozen during transport, but delivered without coolant. (You may request that we pack your NY Area order in a cooler at checkout for an additional $20 per $500 of product.)
How can I get the best shipping rates?
FedEx shipping rates are based on the number of boxes. The fuller your box, the more efficiently you’re using your shipping. Use our box calculator (visible at the top of the screen and on the “Cart” page) to get it as full as possible. Our list of Small Items to Fill Up Your Box can help you fill every last corner.
In the NY Area, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Westchester, Riverdale, Five Towns, Bergen County orders over $150 are delivered free; smaller orders are $10. Rockland, Essex & Passaic Counties, the North Shore of Long Island and Long Beach/Far Rockaway orders over $250 are free, or $20 for smaller orders.
Can I return my shipping container?
Absolutely! Thank you for helping us to reduce our carbon footprint by returning your container for re-use. We include a pre-paid return label in your shipment. Seal up the cardboard box enclosing your container, affix the label, and drop off at any FedEx location. There is no charge to you to return your container.
If you requested a cooler to be delivered with your order in the NY Area, you may contact us to request a return mailing label, or let us know that you’d like us to pick up the cooler with your next delivery.
Important Delivery Notes
- Products are shipped frozen and will arrive frozen or refrigerated. Meats that have thawed but are still cold can be refrozen immediately with no loss of quality for long-term storage. Learn more about freezing & defrosting meat here.
- Please double-check your shipping address. We are not responsible for delays caused by typos, errors or omissions in the shipping address, or deliveries made by FedEx to the wrong address. Please use a phone number where you can be reached on your delivery date.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- You are responsible for providing the correct delivery address for gift orders, and confirming gift recipient can receive their order.
- For NY Area deliveries: if you are not home when we arrive and have not instructed us to leave your order, we will call you; if we can’t reach you, we will not leave your order and your delivery will be rescheduled. Additional fees may apply. If you leave a cooler for us, please make sure it is big enough to hold your products, and contains enough coolant to keep your products cold until you get home.
- FedEx residential deliveries generally arrive by 8pm. No signature is required. FedEx will leave the shipment if you are not home, unless they determine it is not safe to do so or they can’t access the building (ie, apartment building).
- FedEx business deliveries are generally delivered before 5pm and do require a signature.
- You are responsible for the prompt unpacking of shipments. We are not responsible if your order is stolen, damaged or thawed after it is delivered to you.
- If you choose a Friday for delivery, FedEx may deliver after Shabbat. Delayed FedEx Ground deliveries to a residential address will generally be delivered on Saturday. Delayed Priority Overnight deliveries and FedEx Ground deliveries to a business will generally not be delivered until the following Monday.
- We are not responsible in the event that FedEx is unable to deliver a package on the scheduled date. However, we always pack our shipments with enough dry ice to handle an extra day in transit should any delay occur.
- In the event of a FedEx delay, please do NOT cancel the shipment with FedEx and tell them to return the package to us. We pack our shipments to withstand extended travel time, and most likely your order will arrive in good shape. If the package is returned to us without being received by you, we will not be able to replace the contents. It is the responsibility of the customer to receive and inspect the package upon arrival, and contact us if you feel there is a problem.
- Occasionally, Buying Club pick-ups or NY Area Deliveries may be delayed or rescheduled. We monitor our shipments closely and will give you as much notice as possible in the event of any delay. We will not issue refunds when a pick-up or delivery is delayed or rescheduled.
Returns & Refunds
Due to the nature of the products we sell, products cannot be returned for refund once they have been delivered. Please check your order carefully upon receipt. If you feel that any item you received falls short of our Guarantee, please contact us. Please do not discard any product or packaging until you have contacted us (if we sent the wrong item, we may ask you to hold it until we can arrange for a pick-up). It’s also a great idea to take a picture of anything you want us to know about (good or bad). You can reach us at 888-790-5781 or email@example.com.