At Grow and Behold, our commitment to the Jewish value of kashrut is at the core of everything we do. We work with world-class shochtim (kosher-slaughters) and supervisors to ensure our meats are strictly kosher.
All red meat is produced under the strict supervision of the Star-K. Our Beit Yosef Beef is certified Chalak Beit Yoseif L'Sepharadim by the Star-S. All Rose Veal and Lamb are Beit Yoseif without any additional markings on the package. (As of March 1, 2017, we began working with the Star K for Glatt kosher supervision of our red meats. As we transition from the OU, red meat packaging may bear the OU or the Star K hechsher.)
Our poultry is produced under the supervision of the Orthodox Union (OU). All birds are raised exclusively for Grow and Behold. Our chicken is processed by David Elliot Poultry Farm (also under the CHK) and our ducks are processed by Pelleh Poultry under the supervision of the OU and Rabbi Dovid Miller. Our turkeys are produced under the OU and either the CRC or the CHK.
We work in small, family-owned processing plants, where we can personally supervise every step of the process. Our shochtim are experts in their field and uphold the highest standards of kashrut. They have plenty of time to check their knives and thoroughly inspect the lungs of each animal (for beef). We ensure that each animal is treated humanely, without electric prods or other painful techniques.
We never shackle and drag our beef. This cruel practice is the standard in South America where nearly all the grass-fed kosher meat is produced for the US market.
Letters of Certification
- Letter of Kosher and Chalak Beit Yosef L'Sephardim certification from the Star K
- Letter of Kosher and Kosher-for-Passover certification from the Orthodox Union (OU)
- Letter Kosher and Kosher-for-Passover certification for Gefilte Fish from The Gefilteria from the Orthodox Union (OU)
- OU Guidelines for Salmon
Kosher for Passover Information
All of our raw Beef, Veal, Lamb and Poultry are kosher for Passover year-round with no additional markings on the package.
Please consult the chart below for information regarding ground poultry, provisions and cheese. Click on product names in green to shop.
Kosher for Passover year-round without any additional markings on the package
- Raw Beef, including Ground Beef and Beef Patties (except Beef Bacon Patties)
- Raw Rose Veal, including Ground Veal and Meatball Mix
- Raw Lamb, including Ground Lamb
- Raw Poultry, excluding Ground Chicken Breast which must have OU-P
- Ground Turkey (Breast and Dark), if it is in a white 1lb tube
Kosher for Passover with OU-P or Star K-P hechsher
- These beef sausages: Merguez, Mild Chorizo, Spicy Chorizo, Sweet Italian, Bratwurst, Kielbasa (and our Sausage Sampler)
- Turkey Sausage
- Hot Dogs & Knockwurst
- Corned Beef (Slices, Whole Slab & Cubes)
- Navel Pastrami (Slices, Whole Slab & Cubes)
- Passover Lunchbox Deli Sampler
- Beef Bacon (Thick, Thin & Cubes)
- Beef Broth & Chicken Broth
- Turkey Roll & Turkey Roll Ends
- Beef Kishka
- Ground Chicken
- Gefilte Fish
- These cheeses: Aged Provolone, Asiago, Bastardo Del Grappa, Danish Blue, Manchelli, Organic Pecorino Romano, Organic Saw Mill Pecorino, Organic Viney Sheep, Parmesan 2-yr Aged, Pecorino Fresco Blanco, Vermont Bloom
Not Kosher for Passover
- Beef Jerky
- Beef Bacon Patties
- Dried Salami
- Roast Beef
- Ground Turkey in a loose 1lb pouch (sold as a 2-pack)
- Ground Chicken with the "OU" hechsher
- Lamb Sausages
- Duck Sausages
- These cheeses: Organic Medium Cheddar - New Zealand, Raw Sharp Cheddar, Reggianito Parmesan, Tilsit