As you know, we took the experimental step of offering flat-rate shipping directly to customers' homes for the holiday, instead of the communal Buying Club. Turns out -- everyone loved it, and it was much easier for our staff as well. Based on this success, we are trialling a new Flat-Rate Direct Shipping Program for our East Coast Buying Club regions through the end of 2018. Read on to learn more, and be in touch if you have any questions.
Flat-Rate Direct Shipping Program starts October 2018!
How does it work?
- Flat-Rate Shipping: $24 per small box / $30 per large box with $150 minimum order
- Your Address, Your Schedule: Orders arrive right to your door on the day you choose
- Pre-paid Shipper Returns: Orders include a pre-paid return label so you can simply drop the shippers off at FedEx for us to reuse
Wait, why aren't you offering Buying Clubs any more?
- Mistakes and staff time: It is technically difficult to organize orders for so many group shipments, which means extended staff time and more errors
- Minimal efficiencies: We weren't actually able to significantly reduce the number shipping boxes needed
- Delays are inconvenient: Delays can cause major inconveniences for Buying Club hosts and customers, including wasted or repeated trips or other scheduling challenges, especially right before holidays. Keeping everyone informed in the event of delays is challenging, and can cause additional frustrations.
- You shouldn't have to wait! Waiting to order until the holidays causes a bottleneck, adds to your to-do list at an already busy time of year, makes it easy to miss deadlines, and makes it harder to enjoy Grow & Behold meats year-round, on your schedule.
But I've been a loyal Buying Club customer for years -- do I now have to pay regular shipping?
Nope! You get to trial our new Flat-Rate Direct Shipping program! These rates are only available to customers in Buying Club areas located in our 3-day Ground Shipping Zone, for orders over $150 shipped in the Ground network. Smaller orders and Priority Overnight orders will be rated at our standard FedEx rates (which are still, by the way, heavily discounted from retail FedEx shipping rates).
Why do I have to pay per box?
Our shipping costs (the dry ice, the container itself, and the shipping) -- are all per box, which is why our new flat-rate shipping program is based on the number of boxes you ship, not the total weight of your order. Our website will let you know how full your box (or boxes) are, so you can make the most of your shipping charges.
Is this really the end of the Buying Club program on the East Coast?
Buying Club communities have been an important part of our business from the beginning, and many of you have been customers for years. We literally would not be at this point in our business without you!! However, we've recently realized that we can serve you better by shipping directly to your door, and we hope you'll give this a try.
Think of it as a new beginning! We think you'll love the convenience of ordering on your own schedule, the pre-paid return labels, and the flat rate shipping options. Please let us know what you think.
We look forward to feeding you soon!
- the Grow & Behold team