If you're someone who wants to try new cuts of beef, has a big freezer (or lots of friends) and likes to save with bulk purchases, purchasing a Forehalf or Forequarter will save 5-10% off the retail prices and introduce you to the full range of cuts and flavors on the steer. Bulk beef purchases may not be made with regular promotional coupons, sales or special offers.
You can purchase a Forehalf (the front half of the cow, that is, the kosher half) or a Forequarter (half of a Forehalf).
One Forehalf includes the following (divide amounts in half for a Forequarter):
- CHOOSE: Hanger Steak or Demi-Hanger Steaks (~3lbs)
- 4 Skirt Steaks (~2lbs)
- CHOOSE: 14-16 1.25" Rib Steaks or 8 2" Rib-steaks or 1 Standing or Regular for Rib Roast (~15-16 lbs)
- CHOOSE: 14-16 Chuck Steaks or Chuck-eye Roast (~8lbs)
- 2 Chuck Pot Roast (~3-4lbs)
- CHOOSE: English Short Ribs or Flanken (~8-12lbs)
- CHOOSE: 3-Bone Short Ribs or Spare Ribs or Plate Flanken (~8-12lbs)
- CHOOSE: 2 French Roast or Denver Steaks (~4-7lbs)
- CHOOSE: 2 Whole Brisket or 1 each of the 1st and 2nd Cut Briskets (~7-8lbs)
- CHOOSE: Minute London Broil, Minute Roast, or Minute Steaks (~4-6lbs)
- 2 London Broil (~4lb)
- CHOOSE: Shoulder Steak or Roast or Pepper Steak or Cubes for Kabob or Sandwich Steak (~10-12lb)
- Beef Cheeks (~4lbs)
- CHOOSE: ~20 lbs Stew Beef or Chulent Meat
- CHOOSE: ~50 lbs Ground Beef or Lean Ground Beef
- CHOOSE: Cross-cut or Boat Cut Marrow Bones (~5-6lbs)
- ~1 Box Beefy Bones (~4-6lbs)
Pricing and Shipping Information
A Forehalf will run approximately between $3500 - $4500, depending on the exact weights and the mix of cuts. A Forequarter will be approximately half that. Payment is due when your order ships. Any substitutes other than those listed above may affect the total price.
A Forehalf includes approximately 175-200 lbs of meat, and will take up about 10 cubic feet of freezer space. A Forequarter is half that amount.
How To Order
Make your selection and place your order. We will not charge your card right away. We will contact you to confirm whether you would like steaks/roasts/kabobs, etc. Once we have finalized your choices, we'll place the order and send you an updated total price.
This product is shipped frozen and will arrive frozen or refrigerated.
No reviews have been left for this product.Write a Review
How Many Pieces Will I Receive?
Our frozen meats are packaged in vacuum-sealed packages. Most packages contain one piece (ie, one Brisket). Some packages will contain two pieces (ie, Lamb Chops). Packages of smaller items, such as Chicken Wings or Pepper Steak, will contain multiple pieces.
For red meat items and multi-pack poultry items, vacuum-sealed packages may be packed in a cardboard box. If there is an option to choose how many packages you'd like in the box, you'll make that selection under "Customize Your Order." Then you'll choose your preferred weight (that is, the combined weight of all the the packages in that box.) If only one choice is showing in a green box, you do not need to make any selection.
Example: Lamb Chops
Let's say you're ordering Lamb Chops and you select the following:
You've chosen: 2 packages, ~1.1 lb, and the price shows $39.99.
You’ll receive 1 box, with 2 packages of lamb chops inside.
Each package will contain 2 lamb chops. You’ll have 4 lamb chops in total. We always try to pack similar-sized items, but you may find that some chops are slightly larger and some are slightly smaller.
How Much Does It Weigh?
We use weight ranges in order to keep our fulfillment system practical and manageable for items with variable weights (for example steaks. Packages of deli meats which are not sold by weight range as we can pack them by exact weight). The ranges are as small as practically possible to minimize the variation between the Selected Weight and the actual weght you receive. Because of this, if the price per pound is shown as "price/lb*", the *" indicates that it is an estimate for comparison purposes only, since the price associated with the selected weight is the price for all items within that weight range.
This chart shows the potential weight variance for selected weights on our site:
|Selected Weight||Potential Weight Variance|
|under ~0.95 lb||+/- 0.05 lb|
|~1 lb to ~2.1 lb||+/- 0.1 lb|
|~2.2 lb to ~2.7 lb||+/- 0.3 lb|
|~2.9 lb to ~10 lb||+/- 0.25 lb|
|~10.5 lb to ~19.5 lb||+/- 0.5 lb|
|over ~20 lb||+/- 1 lb|
- An item with a Selected Weight of ~1.5 lb could weigh as much as 1.6 lb or as little as 1.4 lb
- An item with a Selected Weight of ~3 lb could weigh as much as 3.25 lb or as little as 2.75 lb
We keep the ranges as small as practically possible to minimize the variation you might receive. Sometimes you will receive a bit more than the listed weight, and sometimes a bit less. Our customers find that on average they receive what they are expecting. But if you find that your actual weights in an order are all below the listed average, please snap a picture of the weight labels and send it over to us, and we'll be happy to make things right.